Friday, January 20, 2017

Road Trip part 1

The road trip has gone well so far. We started it off by visiting the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for some snowy off-roading, which was spectacular. Now, I’m not that into off-roading, but I still had a lot of fun.
              Some of the highlights were when one guy put a deer head on a stick and called it Hank. It was just chillin’ there in the middle of the woods. They kept it warm with a hat and some sunglasses.
              We only got really stuck one time. It took two tug ropes, another truck, and 15 men with shovels to get us un-stuck. During this hour, I sat back with my seat warmer on and enjoyed my front seat view of the show.
              After the 720 miles off off-roading in the frigid weather of the UP, my dad and I flew to Arizona to warm up. We went to Barrett Jackson, where I successfully prevented him from buying more cars. We saw lots of cool cars and trucks. It was a lot of fun. I’m learning a lot about cars, to say the least.
              Yesterday, I got the chance to visit my old school, SRA. I started the day with my good friend Lesa, who took me on a walk with her enormous pit bull, Coby. It was a lot of fun. Coby decided to avoid all the large puddles until the very last second, where he walked through the entirety of the largest puddle he could find and got poor Lesa’s car very dirty.
              After that, I got to meet lots of dogs, including one that was half cayote and some tiny little Chihuahua puppies.

              We then went out to breakfast and visited SRA. It was so strange seeing everyone from the other side of things. It was awesome being able to see my good friends and just hang out with them like old times. It was also very odd to see how many changes the place had made within the one month I’ve been gone. I had a lot of fun though. Any day where you get to hang out with your friends and pet 13 dogs is a good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment