Thursday, December 29, 2016

And so ends the Maddrey Family Vacation











The last few days in Maui were a success! We went snorkeling a ton and saw many whales and dolphins.  We made it to the top of Mount Halyakala, but it was too rainy to see the sunrise. We even went on a bamboo forest hike, but it was very muddy and we discovered very quickly that we were not prepared for the hike at all.
              Now, the Maddrey family is spending out last day of vacation in LA. We have walked around the pier and eaten crepes. I was going to eat a churro at the pier, but one of the seagulls stole it out of my hand! It was a very scary thing to have happen to me at that moment.
              My last post turned into a blog about octopuses, and I have an update! We did technically see a few octopuses in Hawaii, but they were dead and being held by divers on land. So, today, we visited the aquarium in Santa Monica and saw their octopus. He was a cute little guy who was hiding behind a rock and was not too happy to be bothered, but it was worth the five dollars.
              Now our vacation is drawing to an end. I have to say, I am glad we are going home soon. It’s been fun, and it’s been tiring. I’m very glad to have had this once in a lifetime opportunity.
              My dad and I will be leaving town on the third day of 2017 for our cross-country road trip, so I shall be posting lots of interesting things from the road. If anyone wants postcards, just email me.

And with that, I leave you. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment